Jerry Hicks and Cancer:
The Law of Attraction Perspective
I have been asked numerous times to explain why Jerry Hicks would pass away from cancer if he was so expert in the Law of Attraction (as one of the Hicks' in Abraham Hicks, and the original inspiration for the Teachings of Abraham Art of Allowing workshops.)
Jerry was the curious and metaphysically interested partner in the relationship between Esther and Jerry Hicks. Esther Hicks credits Jerry with convincing her to start meditating, which was what allowed her to start interpreting the wisdom that is now referred to as "Abraham".
Now, since Jerry's death (Abraham would say croaking) in 2011, many have wondered what failing of the Law of Attraction would allow such a thing to happen, when Jerry, who has been studying this stuff more closely than anyone else for over 25 years could succumb to cancer nevertheless.
Personally, I do not believe it to be a failing of the Law of Attraction at all. I think it is the perfect expression of the Law of Attraction, as all things are moving through cycles of creation, growth, expansion, and then a recycling of sorts (which includes a death of the physical form), to renew the cycle again. But that's a more theoretical discussion for a different page.
Some thoughts on the concept of death in general, and Jerry Hicks' death in particular:
- Here is what Abraham has said about Jerry's death: Death is expansion, Jerry's soul required a broader perspective, that could only be provided by non-physical form, in order to do what he wanted to be able to do. He wanted to be able to be involved in multiple things at a time, in multiple locations simultaneously, and that can only be done in non-physical form, so his soul chose to move on to nonphysical (pass out of this life/body, human body death (but not spiritual death)).
- I personally, have observed that Jerry Hicks did have human foibles and "issues" in this life, just like all the rest of us do. As a person, he was very "set in his ways", stubborn, somewhat controlling, and intensely focused on material things like money, in my opinion. All of those things are resistance, and a build-up of resistance, no matter what form it is in, always leads to disease and deterioration. Of course, when resistance, resentments, disease and deterioration continue over a long period of time, it will lead to death sooner or later.
- We all reach a point in our lives when we have seen and done all that our soul really wants to do here in this life, and it is time to move on. With regard to the cause of Jerry's death being cancer, there are a few different ways you can look at that as well:
- All deaths are suicide of the body, committed by the soul. When the soul wants to transition out of being in physical form, it just picks one of the methods (sickness, accident, self-inflicted, murder, heart attack, etc.) and uses it, for convenience, or practicality, to leave. There is no such thing as death of the soul, so the manner of the physical body's transition is not important.
- Louise Hay (founder of Hay House, and author of "You Can Heal Your Life") says this about the energetic cause of cancer: "Deep hurt. Longstanding resentment. Deep secret, or grief, eating away at the self. Carrying hatreds."
- None of us have any idea what was going on in Jerry Hick's inner world, we do not know what his grief was, or whether or not he carried any resentments. Many of us do, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he did as well, no matter how much he studied the Law of Attraction. One can never know somebody else's reality.
Perhaps, for Jerry Hicks, something fairly slow, like cancer, was what was preferred (on a spiritual level) to allow him time to make the transition, say goodbye, etc.
Regardless, it is impossible for any person to ever truly analyze and understand another person's inner process. None of us can every truly know what was in Jerry's heart or what his Inner Being was guiding him toward. What a soul chooses for it's life experience in this lifetime is beyond human understanding, but the wisdom of the soul is also absolutely perfect.
I believe that all people come into this lifetime on a soul journey, and that those who choose, again, on a SPIRITUAL level, to come into this life handicapped, poor, gay, tall, rich, short, or with any other specific life circumstances do so knowingly, and deliberately, to have the life experience that the soul wants to be a part of. The point of life is not for it to be soft, and fluffy, and easy, the point of it is to FEEL what life feels like, to envision new ideas for new creations, and then to have the experience of the joy and love you feel while you create and attract the expansion your ideas have given birth to.
See also the Real Life Law of Attraction page on Esther Hicks
As well as the Real Life Law of Attraction page on Abraham-Hicks
Real Life LoA Home > Abraham Hicks > Jerry Hicks
Wondering about something else? ...Try the search bar:
Return to Top of Page
Did you ENJOY this page? Please HELP us by sharing it! THANKS!!
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.