Getting in the vortex and STAYING in?
Question: A few months ago I was completely enveloped in the vortex, living it, feeling it, feeling incredibly happy and staying positive (and I was unemployed!) Now, I am employed but having such a hard time getting back to where I was. I want so much to feel the way I did then, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get there.
PS: Also when I was completely in the vortex, I noticed birds a lot, every kind of bird imaginable... (even 2 peacocks in the middle of a residential street!) Does anybody else experience this?
Real Life LoA Answer: Ah, excellent, excellent point you are making here, thank you for bringing it forward!
It makes perfect sense that you were so thoroughly in the vortex while you were unemployed and that it is much harder to get back into the vortex now that you are employed. While you were unemployed, you were free, you were unencumbered, you were doing primarily what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it, you were probably doing things you loved, in control of your own environment, and were motivated by your own impulses. You probably also got to moderate your own temperature, hunger, thirst, what you watched, what you listened to, the aromas around you, and most (if not all) of the stimuli you were exposed to on a daily basis. You could do basically what you wanted to do; if something seemed fun, you could go do it (for the most part.) And, on top of all of that, you most likely did not need to be around other people who you didn't want to be around -- no annoying or unpleasant co-workers to contend with, no micro-managing supervisor breathing down your neck, no rush-hour commute with the throngs of humanity!
...It's no wonder it's so much easier to be in the vortex under those conditions! That's how we all are; it is MUCH easier to be in the vortex when you are master of your domain (even if you were not making the same amount of money as you would have been if you were employed.)
As they say, money does not buy happiness. Happiness buys happiness, and for most of us, it is MUCH easier to be happy when we are doing what we want to be doing most of the time.
But that is NOT to say that you need to go out and quit your job to be the master of your own environment in order to get in the vortex -- the truth is quite the opposite. While it is easier to get into the vortex when you don't have as many negative influences upon you, the stress of not having money coming in, and the worry about supporting yourself/your family, or of acquiring new income sources will usually FAR outweigh the benefit of the free time.
And, it is a MUCH more important and useful skill to be able to shift your focus to get yourself mentally into the vortex (or at least feeling better) despite conditions, than it is to be in the vortex when everything is perfect. That is THE #1 skill of the Law of Attraction -- how to deliberately pivot your attention OFF of something you don't like and ON to something you do like, even when nothing about the external situation itself has changed at all!
Anytime you feel negative emotion, stop and say: Something is important here; otherwise, I would not be feeling this negative emotion. What is it that I want? And then simply turn your attention to what you do want... In the moment you turn your attention to what you want, the negative attraction will stop; and in the moment the negative attraction stops, the positive attraction will begin. And—in that moment—your feeling will change from not feeling good to feeling better. That is the Process of Pivoting.
Here is what you can do to practice feeling good and getting into the vortex even when you are not in control of the environment around you as much as you'd like to be:
- Find a way to take 5-15 minutes to "go within" and meditate, focus on deep breathing, or just let your mind wander and be free.
- When you have any choice at all about what tasks to do next, do the one that is the MOST exciting for you first (even if it is not much more exciting than the others -- but get into the practice of doing the most exciting one first, and then the most exciting after that, and so on.)
- Make a game of finding the best qualities you can about each of the people around you during the day. For some people it will take more work than others, but practice until you get really good it. Take on the attitude of finding something to like or love about each person you come across.
- Decide that you will only give your attention to something if you want MORE of it. Don't engage in idle gossip or office drama unless you want more of it, and instead participate in happy uplifting conversations that you DO want more of. If you have an unpleasant task to work on, try to look at it in such a way as to focus on what you do want more of through doing it (learning, making money, doing a good job, recognition, skills improvement, success for the team, understanding of complexities, using your talents, etc.)
- Make a list of all the good things about your life/your situation EXACTLY as it is right now. Even if it is not as much, or as good as you would like it to be, focus on what is beneficial to you now. Getting the energy of appreciation flowing, even a little tiny bit, will cause the Law of Attraction to bring more to appreciate.
- Stop and say to yourself: "I want to feel good. Universe, show me something that I like, show me something I want to see" and then look around for something pleasant to come into your view or attention.
It not possible to be in the vortex all of the time, nor is it even desirable. It is extremely important to not be in the vortex some of the time, because that is when you dream up, envision, conjure and create the bigger dreams to live into next! There will always be new goals and bigger dreams -- that's the way it should be!
The key is to find a way to be at peace and content with whatever moment you are living now. The more you can enjoy "what is" right now, the more the Law of Attraction will bring you to enjoy.
...And, as for the birds, that happens to me too -- I see hummingbirds all the time when I am in the vortex (and even occasionally when I just WANT to be!)